We want you to have fun when you’re playing on tombola.co.uk and tombolaarcade.co.uk, but it is also extremely important to us that you are in control of what you’re spending. With this in mind we’ve created a few tools to help you stay in control of your spending.
You can set yourself a maximum amount that you would like to deposit in either a week or a day. You can do this yourself in the “my account” section and it will apply across tombola.co.uk and tombolaarcade.co.uk
A week runs from midnight on Monday to 23:59:59 the following Sunday. A day runs from midnight - midnight. Please note that there is a site maximum of £500.00 per week which applies to everyone.
If you are lowering your limit then this change will happen immediately.
If you are increasing your limit then the change will take 24 hours to come into effect. You can choose to lock your limit into place, which means you will not be able to increase your limit until the lock period has elapsed.
Customer services are unable to alter limits set by players.
Time Keeper allows you to keep track of how long you’ve been playing. Once activated The Time Keeper clock will start when a real money gaming transaction is made.
The Time Keeper notification will appear once the selected time period has elapsed, and at the point when you attempt to make another real money gaming transaction.
Time Keeper is available in the My Account section on tombola.co.uk
You can temporarily exclude yourself from the site for any period of time from 24 hours up to 6 weeks in your account settings. Please note that your account will be frozen immediately and cannot be reactivated until the time period has elapsed.
If you feel that you need to exclude yourself from the site for any reason, you can exclude yourself from the website for either 6 months, 12 months, or permanently. You can do this yourself in your account settings.
Please note that once you have self excluded this cannot be reversed and your account cannot be reactivated until the time period has elapsed. If you decide to self exclude yourself permanently from the website, you will no longer be able to access the website.
GamCare, the UK's National centre for information, advice and practical help regarding the social impact of gambling, is pleased to award GamCare Certification to tombola (International) plc to acknowledge their achievement in implementing the GamCare Player Protection Code of Practice for Remote Gambling in relation to tombola.co.uk gaming service.
tombola (International) plc continue to apply high standards in player protection and social responsibility and recognise the need to assist their customers to play responsibly. To achieve GamCare Certification, tombola (International) plc has implemented the following practices at www.tombola.co.uk/
Age verification systems
Controls for customer spend
Self exclusion options for players
Information about playing responsibly and sources of advice and support
Training for customer services in problem gambling and social responsibility
Consultation with GamCare when developing new technologies and products
Support for the work GamCare carries out in addressing the social impact of gambling
For further information visit GamCare
Over 18s Only
In the United Kingdom it is illegal for someone who is under 18 years of age to gamble. tombola (International) plc takes age verification seriously. You must be 18 or over to register and place bets with us. We may ask for age verification information from you and suspend your account until information proving an appropriate age is provided. Bets placed by under 18s may be voided.
There are a number of third party applications that parents can use to monitor/restrict the use of their computer’s access to the internet:
Staying In Control
Online gaming is an exciting pastime for adults and at tombola we want the gaming experience to stay fun.
We want you to stay in control and we ask that you only wager funds you can afford to lose - it's all about playing safely and staying in control!
With this in mind you may find the following helpful:
- Gambling can be an exciting, enjoyable pastime and is NOT a way of making money.
- Never attempt to make up funds lost by staking further funds.
- We only want you to wager funds that you can afford to lose.
- If you don't feel in control use our tools, speak to one of the Safe Play team or get help from Gamcare.
- Keep a record of how much you have spent and how long you have spent gambling.
- Finally if you have developed a problem it is very important to seek help and advice. Please talk to Gamcarethey are the experts. Gamcare is the UK's national centre for information, advice and practical help regarding gambling and its social effects.
Do you have a gambling problem?
• Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
• Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
• When you run out of money while you're playing, do you feel lost and in despair, and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
• Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
• Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have gambled?
• Have others ever criticised your gambling?
• Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
• Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
• Have you lost interest in your family, friends or other interests?
• After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
• Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
• Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
If you have answered yes to some of the above questions then it's highly likely you may have developed a gambling problem. If you would like some advice and support then, contact Gamcare on their helpline.